As most of you probably know, I am the oldest of 9 children. My siblings are such a delight to me each and every day. We all love one another very much, but even so, there are some sibling spats, as we are not perfect.
While I have been reading more and more about sibling rivalry, I have been trying to apply some new principles to decrease the number of “issues” that come between us, therefore, creating greater harmony here at home.
- Step back and take a deep breath. Give both parties some time to cool off.
- Really listen to what the other person is saying, don’t plan your next statement while they are talking.
- Ask forgiveness, even if you don’t think you did something wrong. Make sure you don’t just say it, but really mean it.
- Talk to God about your problem. Ask Him to guide you through this hard time.
- Ask if there is anything you can do to help. Everyone needs a helping hand sometimes. This person may just need a listening ear.
- Apply the verse “do not let the sun go down on your anger”. Do your best to solve the problem before it gets worse.
For more great ideas on getting along and truly loving your siblings, I recommend “Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends”, available through my Astore.
I hope these help you stop fighting with the siblings in your home. God bless you on this Thursday,