It is that time of year again! Time to pull out those papers and pencils and make out your New Years resolutions. 🙂
Here are are some of my resolutions/goals for the coming year. I have 2 main goals, and then I have some other smaller things that I would like to accomplish.
1. Grow closer to the Lord with increased Bible study and prayer. I want to have my “sword of the spirit” well sharpened and ready. I will be reading more out of the Bible for sure, but I am also looking for a Bible study book to go through. (Any suggestions?) I definitely want to get into the habit of copying verses and writing them down to better increase my understanding of whatever text I am reading. That would also help with committing scripture to memory, which is something else I want to do more of this year. I will also be reading different books about Christianity/theology.
2. Increase my territory of outreach. Every morning, my family prays together. My father prays for an increase of our territory, and ever since he began to do that, we have met many new people, and have had more opportunities to reach out and help others. I am praying for not only an increase to my family’s territory, but also an increase of my own. I want people to be able to see Jesus and His work in me.
1. As this year will be my final year of school, I would like to make sure that I am really absorbing the material in my books. I would like to become more diligent at keeping on top of school, and want to make this final year the best. 🙂
2. I would like to post more often to this blog. Enough said. ;o)
3. I would like to see a few of my business ideas grow this year. Please be in prayer over that. 🙂
4. I want to spend some time crafting/sewing every day. Even if it is just a row on a knitting project, I know that this is something I should really be spending more time on.
5. I need to spend more time making sure my schedule is well organized and effective. I will be spending the first few weeks of January re-organizing and planning to make sure my time is well spent, and not simply thrown away. One of the ways that I plan to do this is getting my planner together and updated, and making a simple schedule for specific blocks of time. I plan to read “Managers of Their Homes” again for more information on how exactly I want to proceed with this.
6. Get my driver’s license. I went and got my permit in September of last year, and this year, I want to go get the license.
7. I would like to make more homemade things, both for my hope chest and gifts. Little things are so much more meaningful if they are homemade. I would ideally like to be finished with all the gifts for the year by August.
So far, this is what I have. What are your resolutions?